Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ths Day God Gives Me



 Text attributed to St. Patrick


This day God gives me strength of high heaven
Sun and moon shining, flame in my heart
Flashing of lightning, wind in its swiftness
Deeps of the ocean, firmness of earth.
This day God sends me Strength as my steersman
Might to uphold me, Wisdom as guide.
Your eyes are watchful, Your ears are listening
Your lips are speaking, Friend at my side.
God’s way is my way, God’s shield is round me
God’s host defends me, saving from ill.
Angels of heaven drive from me always
All that would harm me, stand by me still.
Rising I thank You, Mighty and Strong One
King of Creation, Giver of Rest.
Firmly confessing Threeness of Persons
Oneness of Godhead, Trinity blest.

This also goes to the tune Mornng has broken
As shown below:

No comments: